Accounting and International Business
Welcome to the Accounting & International Business (ACCI) Department
We know corporate executives rely heavily on key individuals in their organizations who possess knowledge and technical skills beyond the average business student. Accreditation by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, which places the University of Houston-Downtown College of Business in the top 5 percent of business schools worldwide, speaks to a level of program quality that ensures our students receive an education that is far above average.
We help by preparing and positioning students for lucrative and rewarding careers in accounting and international business, through:
- A global perspective. Today more than ever, students must prepare for the unique challenges presented by a rapidly changing global business environment.
- Outstanding faculty known for high-quality instruction and scholarly research activity.
Because they have a wealth of industry experience themselves, they relate textbook theories to real business applications, really bringing the curriculum to life.
- Real-world experiences. Our corporate-driven curriculum was developed in partnership with local industry leaders. Study Abroad programs can be taken for international and global cross-cultural experience and for course credit.
- Corporate partnerships. The department maintains close ties to the Houston business community. These relationships provide a networking base upon which students may begin to build and manage their careers. Many prominent employers in the Houston area (e.g., BMC Software, CITGO, EPCO, ExxonMobil, Ernst & Young, and Deloitte) have either offered internships or hired our graduates.
Please visit the UHD Marilyn Davies College of Business Scholarships site for a list of internal and external scholarships available.
Accounting Scholarships available:
- Duangploy Memorial Scholarship
- Fifth-Year Accounting Scholarship
- Financial Executives International
- Houston CPA Society
- Larry G. Jones Scholarship – The Deloitte Foundation
International Business Scholarships available:
Texas CPA Exam Preparation
The Accounting Program also provides the basic courses related to preparing for the Certified Management Accountants exam, as well as other specialized accounting certification examinations.