Beta Gamma Sigma
Read More on Beta Gamma Sigma
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest recognition a business student anywhere in the world can receive in a baccalaureate or post-baccalaureate (master's) program at a school accredited by AACSB International.
To be eligible for membership, the academic ranking of those being considered must place them:
- In the upper 10 percent of the junior or senior class (or equivalent): or
- Upper 20 percent of the graduating master's class; or
- Completed all doctoral requirement
Membership places one among a select group. Of all those in the U.S. who receive baccalaureate or master's degrees in business each year, only 8 percent earn lifetime membership.
- Lifetime recognition for outstanding academic achievement-include it on your resume
- Student Scholarship Program
- BGS Career Central Job Board
- Student Leadership Forum
- BGS International Exchange magazine
- Alumni Network - Alumni Chapter Program
Mission of the Society
The Mission of the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma is to encourage and honor academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members.
History of the society
Beta Gamma Sigma was founded as a national organization in 1913 at the University
of Wisconsin, University of Illinois and University of California. With the global
expansion of AACSB International, Society membership is no longer limited to those
who have studied in the United States or Canada.
Beta Gamma Sigma continues to recognize the most outstanding students of business and management. With more the 95 years honoring academic excellence, the Society knows that its membership of more than 580,000 comprises the brightest and best of the world's business leaders.