COB students with application questions should direct them solely to the staff in
the COB Dean's office at 713-221-8017 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
The Marilyn Davies College of Business Scholarships for 2024-25 will be open on January 5th through May 31st,2024. Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee in June 2024, and decisions will be communicated in July 2023. To complete and submit your application, student will fill out UHD Marilyn Davies College of Business 2024-25 Scholarship Online Application. Students will need to log in using UHD network username and password.
MARILYN DAVIES COLLEGE OF BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP TIMELINE
- November 1, 2023Information for Students from Registrar's Office
Spring Registration opened
- December 31, 2023Financial Aid Basics
TASFA, FAFSA, or UHD International Student Financial Aid Form opens. The application is for Fall 2024, Spring 2025, and Summer 2025
- January 5, 2024Instructions on how to apply for scholarships
MDCOB Scholarship Application opens
(Apply from January 5, 2024-May 31, 2024)
- January 31, 2024Graduation Application
Last day to Apply to Graduate for May 2024
- April 1, 2023Financial Aid Basics
Fall 2024 Financial Aid Priority Deadline
- June 2024
Application decisions will be delivered to staff
- July 2024
Fall 2024 award notification sent to students
- July 2024- August 2024
Awards are distributed to student accounts
COMPLETE THE FAFSA, TASFA, OR UHD INTERNATIONAL STUDENT FINANCIAL AID FORM
Many scholarship criteria require that students demonstrate financial need. MDCOB students are strongly encouraged to complete a FAFSA in addition to the scholarship application in order to demonstrate financial need. U.S. citizens and permanent residents can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at studentaid.gov.
Students who are classified as a Texas Resident but cannot apply for federal financial aid using the FAFSA are encouraged to complete the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) at www.CollegeForAllTexans.com.
Most foreign students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid. To be considered for institutional financial aid, the student must complete the International Student Financial Aid Application. For scholarship awarding purposes, the information in this form will help the committee review a student’s demonstrated financial need in the case of need-based scholarships.
Learn more about each of these on UHD’s Financial Aid Basics.
COMPLETE THE MDCOB SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Scholarships are awarded to students in every major and every classification and are usually awarded based on merit or financial need, or a combination of both. International students are encouraged to apply as well. We recommend you review our Available Scholarships along with the corresponding criteria before you apply. Once you submit an application, you will be considered for EVERY scholarship for which you qualify.
Items you need to prepare ahead of time to upload to your application (preferably in PDF format):
- One reference letter (preferred from a UHD professor).
- How to Ask for Letter of Recommendation
- Personal statement (500 words or less) of "why should you be considered for a scholarship?"
- Completed Program Guide for your primary major.
- download the Degree Worksheet (fillable pdf)
- for the classes you have already completed, enter the grade received
- for the classes you have yet to complete, enter the term in which you plan to take the course (this is not binding - we want to have an idea of your intended progress to degree)
- for graduate students, this is the Sequence Guide provided by your advisor. Email email@example.com if you need another copy.
Most scholarships are awarded in May for the upcoming academic year, but the Committee continues to award scholarships throughout the year as long as there are funds available or new scholarships established. Awards are applied directly to the recipient’s student account by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.