2929 McKinney, Houston, TX 77003 | www.combinedarms.us
The goal of Combined Arms is to foster and perpetuate a long-standing culture of collaboration among military service organizations in the Greater Houston Area. By integrating the network, we will reduce inefficiencies in the military transition process, increasing the impact veterans have in our community, and making Houston the place for veterans.
Combined Arms serves as a Veteran Resource Center in Houston helping to support Veterans transitioning out of the military. We help to reduce program redundancies and costs as well as increase collaboration among other nonprofits serving Veterans through our Salesforce platform, collaborative working space, and committee meetings. Our physical office space, where approximately 10 Veteran nonprofits are housed, help to provide a “one-stop-shop” experience for Veterans to be able to go to one location and find multiple agencies that are willing able to support the Veteran in a holistic approach.
- Following up with Veterans who need additional assistance including accessing housing, financial assistance, or other critical resources;
- Reviewing and updating Veteran files;
- Supporting and walking through Veterans in creating online profiles and taking assessments through our portal system;
- Support VA Connect Days and other special events hosted at our facility;
- Conduct exit survey interviews with Veterans as they complete their day at the facility via tablets;
- Creating cases and documenting engagement with Veterans to track their progress;
- Participating in outreach events to help market and spread information about Combined Arms services and support to Veterans;
- Greet walk-in visitors and direct them to their locations based upon meetings;
- Assist Lead System Navigator with answering phones, completing administrative and clerical tasks including grant reporting.
Criteria for Interns
- Available to all Social Science majors;
- Interest in serving the Veteran community, preferably a Veteran;
- Strong computer and communication skills;
- Reliable transportation;
- Able to work independently while in a fun and collaborative environment.
Monique N. Rodriguez, LMSW