Ronald McDonald House - Holcombe House Marketing Internship
Ronald McDonald House - Holcome House Marketing Internship
This onsite position requires 35 hours per week for 8 weeks, June 6th- July 29th. Student’s exact schedule will be determined by agency need and student’s availability Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
Ronald McDonald House Houston (RMHH) offers a home away from home, providing care, compassion, and hope to families with seriously ill children being treated in the Texas Medical Center.
The primary responsibility of the Marketing Intern is to promote the mission of RMHH and tell the agency’s story via various digital channels including our monthly newsletter and in social media, in order to expand its community and support base. The Marketing Intern follows the core values, goals, objectives and mission of RMHH as set forth by the Board of Directors.
Chief Advancement Officer
RMHH Holcombe House, 1907 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030
As a site selected for ExxonMobil’s Community Summer Jobs Program (CSJP), a stipend is being provided by the ExxonMobil Foundation
- Learn about the history of RMHH and involvement with Texas Medical Center hospitals and other key community partners, including Ronald McDonald House Charities-Global, local corporate and volunteer groups and foundations
- Tour and review program areas in order to better understand the full mission
- Shadow staff and volunteers to gain understanding of programs, services, mission and
- Gain an understanding of agency organization chart and roles/responsibilities of staff
- Learn the RMHH brand guidelines, written by RMHC-Global
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and implement Ronald McDonald House Charities (Global) brand guidelines
- Attend meetings: Advancement Department, RMHH All-Staff, with marketing consulting
- Learn how to seek out and write stories (with photographs) to be shared in the local
media and in RMHH social media channels, newsletters and other platforms
- Enhance agency’s oral and written history by conducting and documenting interviews
with current families, former families (alumni), Board members and other stakeholders
- Learn how to use Social Sprout and other resources in order to monitor and document
marketing analytics results
- Interview a family and document their “day in the life”
- Create a photo library, including photo selection and file labeling, to fit brand
- Review online vendor accounts, standardize usernames and create “strong” passwords
- Occasionally represent RMHH at third-party events
- Strong communications abilities including writing, editing and communicating with
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable looking for powerful stories and asking questions to get the information
- Experience using social media outlets including Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office suite
- Interacts comfortably and gracefully with patients who may be very ill and their families
- Ability to relate to families and children of various ages and cultural backgrounds
- Someone who is outgoing, a good communicator, listener, and detail oriented
- Demonstrate good judgment, flexibility, dependability, compassion, and self-motivation
- Build the experience and track record necessary for a successful social media and marketing career
- Experience compassionately interacting with patients and families in healthcare crisis
- Learn and practice empathetic listening skills
- Learn how to write stories and communicate in a compelling manner
- Work with nonprofit professionals with significant experience
- Engage in a professional experience which crosses over many areas of study
- Apply knowledge gained from coursework to actual work circumstances
- Obtain knowledge from a dynamic and reputable global brand in our local community
- Letter of recommendation available upon successful completion of internship
To prevent the exposure and spread of COVID-19 amongst residents, volunteers, interns, and staff, the following safety precautions are in place
- A limited number of volunteers at any time, proof of full vaccination required for all roles
- Signs mandating proper hand hygiene posted throughout the House
- Facemasks are required in common spaces, other than short moments to eat or drink
- Tables and furniture are intentionally spaced out to provide room for social distance
- Restrooms on the 1st floor are reserved for staff, volunteers, and interns only. Families
must use restrooms in their private rooms.
- Increased schedule of professional housekeeping is provided 7 days/week.
- Plexiglass barriers at welcome desk, registration desk, food serving line and the
- Essential vendors, volunteers, and interns complete wellness questionnaire upon arrival
- No unapproved visitors permitted inside the building
- Go to
Ronald McDonald's Volunteer Hub website.
Create New Account to submit application.
- When prompted on the next screen, enter Join Code
- Upload résumé as part of application
For full consideration, applicants must submit all requested information. If selected for a virtual interview, our staff will contact you to provide details.