Skip to main content

UHD Official Tax Documents

As a part of your daily responsibilities, you may have to provide University of Houston-Downtown official tax documents to external parties. These include documents for providing proof of UHD's Federal and State exemption, Taxpayer Identification Number, Hotel Occupancy Tax exemption, Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate, and Personal Property Tax exemption.

  • Federal Tax Exemption — Memorandum and Letters and Publication 78 from Internal Revenue Service which state that the University of Houston is exempt from federal income tax.

  • Texas Sales and Use Tax Exemption Certification — This certificate and, if necessary, Comptroller's letter should be supplied to vendors when making purchases which qualify for exemption from Texas Sales and Use Tax.

  • Form W-9 — This form should be sent to any company that pays the University of Houston and requests a Taxpayer Identification Number.

  • Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate — This certificate should be given to the hotel or motel operator for exemption from Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax.

  • Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Exemption Certificate — This certificate should be given to the motor vehicle rental company to be exempt from Motor Vehicle Tax.

  • Texas Personal Property Tax Exemption — This memorandum provides the facts and circumstances under which the University is exempt from Texas Personal Property Tax in accordance with statutory authority.