Third Party Contracts/Sponsorships
Third party contracts involve a sponsor being billed for the payment of a student's tuition and fee account according to an agreement between UHD and the outside sponsor, agency or company. These contracts may cover part or all of the tuition and fee charges. Third parties do not include parents or other family members.
Process for Students:
The student must provide Student Accounting with the following information by the deadlines indicated below.
- Letter of Credit/vouchers specifying what is going to be paid
- Contact person for third party
- Billing address, email and phone number
- Billing requirements of third party
- Signed Third Party Payment Agreement Form (required for first semester only)
- Note: All students receiving benefits from a prepaid account (i.e. Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan), must send notification of enrollment and request of use of benefits for every term of attendance.
Letter of Credits/vouchers can be submitted via fax, email, or in person at the Student Accounting Office S320.
- Contact Name: Stephanie Porter
- Phone: 713-221-8139
- Fax: 713-223-7437
- Email: email@example.com
Deadlines for Students:
Student accounting reserves the right not to accept Third Party contracts after the Official Day of Record for the term the contract is being utilized for.
|Semester/Session||Deadline to Utilize Contract for Session|
|Fall 2023 Regular Session||August 11, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Eight Week - First||August 11, 2023|
|Fall 2023 Eight Week - Second||October 13, 2023|
|Spring Winter Mini||December 19, 2023|
|Spring 2024 Regular Session||January 13, 2024|
|Spring 2024 8 Week-First||January 13, 2024|
|Spring 2024 Late Registration||February 5, 2024|
|Spring 2024 8 Week-Second||March 5, 2024|
*Payment for fees not covered by third party or alternate payment arrangements must be submitted by the Payment Deadline to secure enrollment.
Invoicing the Third Party Contract/Sponsor:
UHD will invoice the third party vendor one time after the refund period for drop/withdrawals has concluded for the term. It is the responsibility of the student to ensure their account is paid. If the third party fails to submit payment to the university, the student will assume financial responsibility and pursue the matter directly through the third party.
For vendors submitting a paper check for an invoice, please mail to:
University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street, S310
C/O Stephanie Porter
Houston, TX 77002
Examples of Third Party Contract/Sponsor:
- Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (Formerly Texas Tomorrow Fund)
- Texas Workforce Commission
- Foreign Governments and Agencies