Canvas Migration Support and Resources
Welcome Canvas to UHD!
This page is designed to provide Faculty with a curated list of useful resources to assist them with with their transition from Blackboard to Canvas. See the Canvas Faculty Guide for a comprehensive list of documentation guides and videos.
For specific information and timelines about the the Canvas migration, please visit the UHD LMS Transition to Canvas Webpage.
Access Canvas at canvas.uhd.edu login with your UHD O365 account and password.
(example: email@example.com). This usually consists of your last name, first initial, and/or a number.
- Canvas Basics
- Blackboard to Canvas Comparison Chart
- Getting Started in Canvas in 10 Easy Steps
- Canvas Faculty Guide
- Blackboard to Canvas Migration Guide
- Canvas Instructor Training Videos
- Canvas Accessibility
- Downloading Blackboard Content
Functions within Canvas
- Quizzes: New Quizzes and Classic Quizzes
Migration Cleanup Checklist
5 Tips for Considerations to Prepare Your Blackboard Course for the Canvas Migration
Here are five tips we've compiled that will immensely help with preparing your course for the migration to Canvas:
- Evaluate Your Courses: Which courses would you like to migrate from Blackboard to Canvas? Which courses will you build from scratch in the new platform? Please do not move outdated content and clutter.
- Ensure Accessibility: All files taken to Canvas must be accessible. Run an Ally Accessibility Report in each course you plan on migrating to find and resolve accessibility issues.
- Move Videos to Panopto: There should be no video files uploaded directly to Blackboard. Videos should be uploaded to Panopto, and links to the videos should be placed in your course. Steps for uploading videos to Panopto.
- Review Course Size: Remove duplicate and unused files. Consider adding large files to OneDrive. Steps for uploading files to OneDrive.
- Seek Assistance: Remember, Canvas and Blackboard are two very different platforms and there will be a bit of a learning curve for some faculty and students. Reach out to TTLCHelp@uhd.edu for assistance with any of the above.
Canvas Migration Resources
UHD Canvas Support
Contact the UHD Canvas Support team for questions on how to use Canvas or its integrated apps. M/F 8-5 support if contacting by phone.
Request a Canvas Sandbox Course
If you want your own Canvas development course fill out the form provide by the LMS help desk.