Application to the Teacher Education Program
Prior to applying for your Professional Development (PD) Sequence, the following requirements, according to your declaration date, must be met:
- Must take and pass all TExES certification exams before submission of student teaching (PDIV) application (See the new PDI, PDII, PDIII, PDIV sequence)
- See New Degree Plans
- Must apply for ITC (PDI) within the last 12 hours of completion of Academic and Preparatory
Instructions for Completing the Urban Education Application for Teacher Candidacy in Tk20/WatermarkTM
- Review the Urban Education Student Application video
- DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER TO LOG IN TO TK20.
- Log into Tk20/WatermarkTM at https://uhd.tk20.com using your UHD Username and Password (For example, Janedoe@uhd.edu would log in with the user name: doej and password).
- Hint: Never Use the Back Button.
- Make sure all OFFICIAL transcripts from outside institutions (LSC, HCC, etc.) have been sent to the University of Houston-Downtown. Your application cannot be evaluated without access to this information..
- Select the green tab toward the middle of the page titled: Create New Application.
- Select UE Application for Teacher Candidacy for the certification area, and semester you plan to enter teacher candidacy and the (ex. UE Application for Teacher Candidacy_BIL Fall_2020).
- Contact the UHD Cashier's Office to pay the $35 program application fee. Your application will not be processed without a receipt showing that this fee has been paid
- Once you reach the bottom of the screen, you will see several options:
- SAVE: Return Later
- CLOSE: Exit and withdraw your application
- SUBMIT: Send your application for official review
- PREV: Return to previous page
- NEXT: Button inactive
- When your application is ready, enter your initials and click Submit to send your application for official review.
- If you have forgotten your UHD GatorMail username and password, please contact UHD Information Technology Help Desk:
IT Help Desk
For assistance with Tk20/WatermarkTM or the UE application log in process, please contact the Tk20 Unit Administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org