Emergency Deferment Plan
In conjunction with the Installment Payment Plan, UHD offers an Emergency Deferment Plan to students who are unable to make the required minimum installment payment by the due date. This deferment will cover the initial minimum installment for the Installment Payment Plan and will allow for qualified students to secure their enrollment without making an out-of-pocket payment at the time of execution.
What you need to know:
- The Emergency Deferment Plan is available, online only, beginning the week before each payment deadline (please refer to the Academic Calendar for all payment deadlines) and is not available for the May/Winter Mini terms.
- This plan does not cover and cannot be utilized for prior unpaid balances.
- This plan is available for students who may require additional time necessary for financial aid processing. Once financial aid has posted to the student account, the payment will be applied towards the future installments and the initial deferment. Any excess financial aid funding, after all tuition and mandatory fee charges are paid, will be refunded to the student via BankMobile.
- Eligible students can apply for one Emergency Deferment Plan a semester.
- This plan cannot be adjusted once it has been established so it is recommended that students finalize their schedules before selecting this payment option.
- This plan cannot be executed once a financial aid payment has applied towards the term in which the student is attempting to secure payment for. Students with partial financial aid payments may be eligible for the Installment Plan using Financial Aid payment option.
- Five percent (5%) simple interest will be charged from the beginning date of the loan until paid in full.
- The plan must be paid during the term for which it was entered and before registration for future semesters will be allowed.
- Must be classified as a Texas Resident and pay resident tuition rates.
- Must be enrolled for the current semester.
- Must not have any financial holds with the University or have any past due balances.