Scholarships are a great way for students to pay for a college education, do not have to be repaid, and are awarded on a variety of factors.
Each scholarship has its own unique set of guidelines in terms of criteria, award frequency and timing, application, forms, deadlines and submission process. They reward, encourage and assist students in pursuing academic excellence and leadership roles.
Scholarship Award Process
Once award decisions are final, scholarship awards are disbursed to each recipient's account, where funds will be available for tuition, fees, etc.
Where applicable, any excess funding is then refunded to student by the Student Accounting Office, which is responsible for processing student refund payments.
Scholarships Awarded by Departmental Committees
- College of Public Service Dean
- Gators with Grit Award
- This award will be given to students who exemplify the True Grit and Spirit of UHD no matter what obstacles they are confronted with. Students must meet the following criteria:
College of Public Service Advising
- Major in any of the available fields under the College of Public Service
- Are or plan to enroll in a minimum of 3hrs
- Have a 2.0 GPA or greater
- Recommended by a department Chair or Director.
- Sue Smith and Ann Parham Book Scholarship for Social Work
- Based on the evaluation of application essays to the program, this scholarship is awarded to the student that demonstrates either the most experience or aptitude for policy or political social work practice.
Competitive Merit Scholarships
IMPORTANT: Scholarship recipients MUST notify the UHD Financial Aid Office
The total of each student's financial aid package, from all sources,
cannot exceed the cost of attendance by the University. If a student receives a scholarship, whether it is from the college or from a private source, he or she must notify the
Financial Aid Office. The University is required to review each student's financial package to make sure that it does not exceed the cost of attendance. In many cases, the University is able to include scholarship or grant funds without adjusting any other aid, thus increasing the total amount of each financial aid package. However, sometimes the University has to reduce or replace another form of aid. In that case, an attempt is always made to reduce or replace any loans offered to students first. We strongly encourage each student to explore all scholarship opportunities as a valuable means to help finance his or her college education.
Register today! We look forward to working with you to tailor your academic program to your career goals. If you have any questions or need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the
For more information in applying at UHD, visit the
UHD Admission page.