CHSS Continuing Graduate Student Crisis Scholarship
This is a need-based scholarship. Applicants will be reviewed in the order in which they are received and considered based on financial need (as determined by the FAFSA/TASFA) and the personal statement and supporting documents provided with the application. Applications will be reviewed until funds are exhausted. This award is restricted to expenses associated with credit bearing coursework at UHD, including tuition, books, fees, and/or supplies in the 2023-2024 academic year. Students may only apply to and receive this scholarship once within each academic year.
Application Deadline: Application open until funds exhausted (within the 2023-2024 year)
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be a continuing graduate student with at least 6 semester credit hours completed in a UHD CHSS certificate or master’s program
- Have a UHD Graduate GPA of 3.0+ and be in good academic, financial, and disciplinarty standing
- Be enrolled in a CHSS graduate program for the current/upcoming semester
- Be registered for at least 3 semester credit hours in the current/upcoming semester
- Have completed a FAFSA/TASFA and have “financial need” as determined by the UHD Financial Aid Office.
- Be able to supply supporting documentation regarding the current financial hardship/crisis they face, such as: showing an outstanding balance on their UHD account or providing direct evidence of a life/school expense that will affect their ability maintain enrollment or satisfactory work in a CHSS graduate program.
- Complete and submit the CHSS Continuing Graduate Student Crisis Scholarship Application form
Essay Prompt: Please upload a ~500-word essay that explains the current financial hardship/crisis you are facing and how this scholarship (of up to $2,000) would help you to continue in and complete your CHSS graduate program. Please be specific about your circumstances, the amount of aid you are requesting, and how this one-time scholarship would help you maintain enrollment and ultimately complete your program.
Supporting Documents: Please upload any supporting documents that provide evidence of your claims of current financial hardship/crisis (such as showing an outstanding balance on your UHD account or providing direct evidence of a life/school expense that will affect your ability maintain enrollment or satisfactory work in a CHSS graduate program).