Listed below is the recommendation for State Teacher Certification requirements, as well as a procedure to follow once individual students meet these requirements
Recommendation for Certification Requirements:
- Successfully complete the Department of Urban Education Teacher Preparation Program
- Graduate (Degree must be conferred by the University)
- Pass all required TExES exams for Certification Area
- After you have successfully completed the Department of Urban Education Teacher Preparation Program and passed all required certification tests, apply online with TEA/SBEC for Standard Teacher Certification
- Go to
- Click on TEAL
- Click on TEAL Login
- Click on Apply for Certification
- If you apply with TEA/SBEC prior to completing the program and passing all required TExES exams, your name will be removed and you will be required to contact TEA/SBEC to discuss fee transfer and/or a refund.
- You will be required to respond to an Exit Survey before you will be able to complete the application process.
- Fill out and submit the
Recommendation Request Form.
- Once individuals receive recommendation, he/she will receive an automated e-mail from TEA
- Virtual teacher certificate should arrive within a few days following recommendation
If you have any questions, contact UHD Certification Coordinator, Dr. Teryana Lamb, at (713)221-2722 or email@example.com