See a list of our degree plans:
NEW! - Students declaring after August 31, 2018 will follow the new PD I-IV degree plan structure. If you declared September 1 or after, see your degree plans:
UHD admission requirements must be met before admission to the College of Public Service is granted. Listed below are the requirements for both UHD as well as the College of Public Service:
Minimum 2.0 GPA
- 15 hours
- Admit students throughout the year
College of Public Service Admission
- General Education Core Completed
- a 2.3 overall GPA (including grades from all colleges/universities attended)
Teacher Education Program Admission
minimum 2.5 overall GPA (including grades from all colleges/universities attended)
Successful completion (with a grade of "C" or higher) in all of the following within the last 12 hours before the PDs:
College Algebra or Higher Math
Composition I and II
Life and Physical Science component
American History component
Formal application to the program and interview
- Apply online at www.applytexas.org.
- Submit final official transcripts from all schools attended.
- Await instructions from the Admissions Office regarding acceptance, orientation and advising which are mandatory before you can enroll.
Once admitted to UHD, students are assisted by Advisors who guide the student until s/he qualifies for, and is admitted to a degree program. Declared or undeclared, a student receives course approvals from this Advising Center (AAC, One Main Street, 320-North) for a minimum of one term.
If declared and once the student earns a UHD GPA, s/he is transferred to CPS Advising (College of Public Service Advising). At this point, Advisors in the College of Public Service guide the student through their educational journey, all the way to graduation.
|Sign up for a free TEACH for Houston account to apply to our program like a pro.|
- Interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursements towards application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.
We hope this information is useful to you. If you have any specific questions, please do not hesitate to ask at our link, and our friendly and professional staffers will be happy to assist you. Thank you again for your interest in UHD and the College of Public Service! Let us know how we can help you along your journey to attain your educational goals!