Skip to main content

Transfer Students

Students transferring to UHD may apply simultaneously to the BSW program. Transfer students follow the same admissions process as regular students. For more information on becoming a pre-major, visit the UHD Transfer Students webpage

Once admitted into the UHD and before being admitted in the Social Work Program, the student is advised in the Transfer Advising Center. The advisor will assist the student in determining the courses in which to enroll. The BSW program suggests the student enroll in SOCW 2361: Introduction to Social Work and Social Welfare and/ or SOCW 2363: Introduction to Social Welfare Policy. Students wishing to enroll in 3000 or 4000-level Social Work courses, will need permission from the Social Work Program Director, Dr. Dawn McCarty, at