Army Ignited tuition assistance path is outlined below:
Education Path Outbound: File is sent from ARMY IGNITED to EI
- ARMY IGNITED students will submit an Education Path to indicate their intent to complete a degree where they will request financial assistance
- ARMY IGNITED will provide Educational Institutions (EI) with information on a student’s submitted Education Path
- Student submits Tuition Assistance Request to the University of Houston-Downtown Student Accounting
Student Degree Plan In bound: File is sent from EI to ARMY IGNITED
- EIs will provide ARMY IGNITED with a student’s Degree Plan (SDP), which includes the courses required for degree completion
- ARMY IGNITED will utilize a SDP to track a student’s progress throughout their degree
Class Enrollment Inbound: File is sent from EI to ARMY IGNITED
- When a student has registered for a course and submitted a request for certification, they will provide ARMY IGNITED with the course enrollment details
- ARMY IGNITED will use Class Enrollment data to provide accurate information within TA requests and streamline approval of the requests
TA Request Outbound: File is sent from ARMY IGNITED to EI
- ARMY IGNITED students will submit a TA request to Army Counselor to receive funds for a class they are enrolled in
- ARMY IGNITED will provide EIs with information on a student’s submitted TA Request,
including the tuition amounts that the Army and student are responsible for
- Finding an Education Center
In some cases, Soldiers may not know how to get in touch with their education center. ArmyIgnitED has made it a little easier for them to locate theirs. For the inquiring Soldier:
- Log into ArmyIgnitED, click Welcome, then click Account. This will take them into their Student Profile
- Under their “Education Information” section, locate the “Education Center”. Make a note of it.
- Up in the navigation ribbon, click the “Find Ed Center” tab.
- Enter the education center name from the profile and click Search.
- The Education Center information should display, including a physical address, email address, phone number, and hours of operation. They can also click View Profile to get even more information about their education center.
- Alternatively, the Soldier can go straight to the “Find Ed Center” tab and enter their city/state or zip code to find all education centers in their area.
- Finding an Education Center
Grades Inbound: File is sent from to ARMY IGNITED
- Students will report their grades and GPA values to ARMY IGNITED after a student’s course completion
- ARMY IGNITED will utilize this grade information to close out the course workflows and confirm that a student’s GPA is up to date
Graduation Inbound: File is sent from EI to ARMY IGNITED
- EIs will provide ARMY IGNITED with additional information regarding a student’s graduation
- ARMY IGNITED will utilize this graduation information to close out Education Path workflows and confirm that a student’s information is up to date
- Tuition Assistance is processed by Third Party Contract. All students with a Third Party Contract must complete and sign a Third Party Payment Agreement Form. Please submit this form to Third Party Contract or in person at the Student Accounting Office S320 one week prior to the tuition payment deadline. More information can be found at Third Party Contracts/Sponsorships.
- If you need an enrollment certification for other VA educational benefits, please submit a Request Enrollment Certification.