Canvas: How to import content from a migrated Blackboard course
Step 1: Confirm that your course have succesfully migrated from Blackboard to Canvas
1) Log into Canvas at uhd.instructure.com with your UHD credentials.
2) On the global navigation menu, click Courses and select All Courses.
3) Scroll down in your list of all courses to the "Past Enrollments" section. Courses migrated rom Blackboard will all show the Term as "Blackboard" to indicate that this course was not taught in Canvas.
*Note: If you think you are missing any course(s) from the Blackboard migration, please contact email@example.com
**Note: Courses migrated from Blackboard to Canvas are not able to be edited. Please see the directions below to copy material into an active Canvas course shell.
Step 2: Copy material from your migrated courses into an active Canvas course shell
1) From the Canvas dashboard, navigate to the course shell in Canvas where you would like to edit and use content from your Blackboard course. This could be your "sandbox" course, or an official course shell for an upcoming semester where you will be teaching.
2) Click "Settings" from the course navigation list near the bottom.
3) Find and click the "Import Course Content" link on the right side of the screen.
4) In the Content Type drop-down menu, select "Copy a Canvas course".
5) In the "Search for a course" box, begin typing the name of your course and select the course you would like to copy from the list that appears. Your migrated Blackboard courses will be listed as completed courses so you should check the "Included completed courses" box.
6) Next to "content", select what you would like to import:
a) All content: This option will import all content from the course.
b) Select specific content: This option will allow you to select the desire content to import.
7) If this is the first time you are copying content from a migrated Blackboard course, we recommend that you do NOT adjust the due dates associated with the course events and assignments. This is because Blackjboard does not have the same type of academic term information.
8) Click the Import button. A progress indicator displays the upload status by percentage.
9) The "Current Jobs" section displays the status of your import. Running reports display a progress bar indicating the time remaining to complete the import.
If you chose to select specific content in your course, the current job will show as "Waiting for select", which means you must select the content you want to import.
For additional support, visit http://uhd.edu/bbhelpform