Skip to main content

Study Abroad Financial Aid

It’s often possible to use your federal and state financial aid to study abroad. Meet with the Financial Aid Office to determine whether or not your aid will be applicable to your study abroad program. In order for aid to transfer you will need the following documentation:

  • A consortium agreement completed by your program provider. In order to view and print this form, you will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader software. It can be downloaded from the Adobe website. This form is not necessary for the France exchange or faculty-led programs.
  • Application for financial aid. Students who wish to study abroad in the summer will need a separate application.
  • Completed and signed course approval form.
  • Degree evaluation signed by advisor.
  • Upon completion of study abroad experience, you must submit a copy of your transcript to the Financial Aid office.

Deadlines to submit financial aid materials

Fall semester July 1
Spring semester November 1
Summer April 15


If you plan to use financial aid for study abroad, all documentation must be submitted to the Office of Study Abroad no later than the deadlines above. You will pay UHD for faculty-led and exchange programs. Students who study on provider programs will be billed directly by the provider. Students who withdraw from programs after paying a deposit are subject to the program provider’s refund policies.

For general financial aid information, visit the Financial Aid website.