Students who have not attended class, engaged in the technology (online only) nor made contact with the faculty member to adequately explain the absence by the end of the 10th class day of the long semester, or the published calendar date for other required terms, will be administratively dropped from the course.
Class Attendance (10th class day)|
|Fall 2015||September 4, 2015|
|Spring 2016||February 1, 2016|
|Summer I 2016||June 8, 2016|
|Summer II 2016||June 13, 2016|
|Summer III 2016||July 13, 2016|
Administrative drops from class(es) will be processed by the Registrar's office on the recommendation of the faculty member based on the following criteria:
- For face-to-face and Hybrid classes - the student has not attended class nor made acceptable contact with the faculty member to explain the absence by the end of the 10th class day of the long semester, or the published calendar date for other required terms
- For a fully technology-delivered course (such as online only)- the student has not engaged the course material or made contact with the faculty member to explain the absence by the first assessment or by the 10th class day of the long semester, or the published calendar date for other required terms
The faculty member will notify the Registrar's Office of students who meet the aforementioned criteria and should be administratively dropped on the Day of Record.
The Registrar's office will notify the students that they are being dropped from the class and then follow the required procedures to process the drop student with an effective date one day prior to the start of the first day of class.
Note: Please be aware all acceptable excuses for absences will be determined by the Registrar's Office. Being dropped from this course may affect your enrollment status and/or your financial aid eligibility.
- Students are required to attend class, whether face to face or virtually, and complete assignments as set forth in the class syllabus.
- Students are responsible for checking their UHD Gatormail, registration status, and verifying their registration record after the change of registration (add/drop) period is completed.
- Students who are not officially enrolled (includes payment or arrangement for payment) at the end of second payment deadline will not be eligible to receive a grade for the class.
Students who have been administratively withdrawn from class(es):
- for failure to attend or notify the faculty member and have evidence that they in fact were attending classes or had contacted the faculty member to notify them of an absence (dated email will suffice)
- who were so incapacitated by illness or injury as to not be able to contact the university have the
right to appeal the drop.
Students must appeal in writing and attach supporting documentation within (2) business days of the withdrawal. Submit an Appeal Form (available online
here) and proof of payment arrangement to the Registrar’s office. If the appeal is approved, the student will be reinstated into the class(es). The Registrar will make a decision within two business days and inform the student of the decision in writing.
Only one level of appeal is allowed. Decisions of the Registrar are final.