the Office of the Provost
At the heart of UHD's academic community, the Office of the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs is responsible for the oversight of academic colleges, departments, and programs. The Office of the Provost is charged with developing policies and programs that enable all in our community to learn and contribute to the world.
Areas of Leadership Include:
- Recruitment, hiring, credentialing, retention, and promotion and tenure reviews of all faculty.
- Strategic planning, development, and evaluation of academic programs, and maintenance of academic standards.
- Development of new teaching methods.
- Coordination of internal assessment plans and academic review programs, and external regulatory or accreditory consideration of academic policies, plans, and programs.
- Establishment and integrity of academic agreements with other universities, governmental agencies, and non-profit entities.
Recognized as a community-engaged institution by the Carnegie Foundation, UHD is a comprehensive four-year university offering bachelor's and master's degree programs aimed at career preparation.
From the day our doors opened more than 40 years ago, UHD has expanded to serve the educational needs of America's fourth-largest city. Now, UHD offers bachelor's degrees in 44 areas of study and nine master's degrees.
We're located right in the heart of Downtown Houston, one of the nation's most culturally diverse metropolitan areas. So naturally, we've created an environment that welcomes and embraces students from all backgrounds.
For more information, see About UHD.