Beginning Fall 2019, UHD pledges to cover tuition for new freshman with a family income of up to $50,000.
- A first-time-in college entering freshman for the upcoming Fall 2019 term
- A Texas resident
- A high school graduate who has earned a recommended or distinguished diploma
- A member of a family whose annual adjusted gross income does not exceed $50,000
- Eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant and must submit all financial aid forms with supporting documentation by May 1st or until funds are depleted
- Enroll as a full-time student at UHD, maintaining at least 24 credit hours within a 12-month period
- Provides tuition and fees to qualifying students for up to four years as long as the student continues to meet academic and financial aid eligibility criteria and maintain a 2.5 GPA
- The Gator Pledge covers tuition and fees in the fall and spring semesters only. The awards are comprised primarily of Pell and TEXAS Grants with institutional funds added as needed to cover tuition and mandatory fees.
- Eligibility is determined based on a student’s FAFSA information
For questions, contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid at
or call 713-221-5880.