International Student Financial Aid
Most foreign students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid. In some circumstances, non-citizens may be eligible for institutional financial aid on a limited basis.
To be considered for institutional financial aid, the student must complete the International Student Application. Pending the availability of funds, if the student is approved he/she will be notified of eligibility through the student’s UHD Gatormail account.
The International Application is generally available to download from the UHD Financial Aid Office website in early March for the following school year. The priority deadline that UHD would like for students to meet is April 1. Submitting the request as early as possible gives students the best chance at being eligible for grant funding that is available on a first come, first served basis. If you do not meet the April 1 deadline, you can still submit the application at any time throughout the school year.
How to File
To submit an application the student must submit the following documents:
- International Student Application
- A copy of the sponsorship affidavit from the UHD International Admissions Office
- A letter from your sponsor indicating why he/she cannot provide the necessary support to you.
- The letter must be mailed directly from the sponsor to our office. The letter should include:
- Student Name
- Student UHD ID number
- A statement certifying why the sponsor cannot continue to support the student. The sponsor must be specific as to what changes have occurred that prohibit continued financial sponsorship.
- The letter must be notarized.
- The letter must be in English or have an English translation included with the letter.
For more information regarding International Studies at UHD, please visit the International Admissions website.