Summer Enrollment 2022 - 2023
During this time, employees can make changes to their benefits portfolios without a qualifying life event.
This is your opportunity to:
- Add or drop health insurance
- Add or drop dependent insurance
- Increase life insurance coverage
- Add or drop disability insurance
- Make other changes to your insurance coverage
- Enroll in a health care and/or dependent care spending account or cancel an existing one
What's new this year?
New third-party administrators
- Beginning Sept.1, 2023, Eyemed Vision Care, LLC will be the new third party administrator for the State of Texas Vision.
- Superior Vision, the current third party administrator, will manage the program until Aug.31, 2023.
- Beginning Jan.1, 2024, HealthSelectSM Prescription Drug Program will be administered by Express Scripts.
- OptumRx, the current third party administrator, will manage the program until Dec.31, 2023.
Slight changes in optional benefit plan premiums
- Delta Care USA DHMO premium increases slightly
- Short-term disability premium decreases slightly
Changes to out-of-pocket maximums
- The HealthSelect of Texas® and Consumer Directed HealthSelectSM health plans' total annual in-network out-of-pocket maximums (medical and pharmacy combined) will increase to $7,500 per person per individual (up from $7,050) and $15,000 per family (up from $14,100) to align with the IRS maximums.
Changes to flexible spending account (FSA) contribution and carryover limits
The IRS establishes the maximum annual limit applicable to flexible spending accounts and carryover amounts.
- For Plan Year 2024, participants with a health care or limited-purpose FSA will be able to set aside up to $3,050 for the year through monthly, tax-free deductions from their paycheck.
- The maximum contribution for dependent care FSAs remains the same, at $5,000 for the year.
- The carryover amount for health care and limited-purpose FSAs is increasing. Participants in those FSAs in Plan Year 2024 can carry over up to $610 from Plan Year 2024 (ending Aug. 31, 2024) to Plan Year 2025 (starting Sept. 1, 2025)
If you don't want to change your benefits portfolio, don't do anything. Your current benefits will remain the same for the upcoming academic year (9/1/2023 to 8/31/2024).
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES
For your convenience, you may make changes to your benefits portfolio during the annual enrollment period (Monday, July 3 - Friday, July 14) in one of three ways:
- Online 24/7 directly with ERS at www.ers.state.tx.us.
- By calling ERS during normal business hours at (866) 399‐6908 .
- Through Human Resources (HR) by scheduling an appointment with a Benefits representative at email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: If you make summer annual enrollment changes, ERS will send you a confirmation statement listing all the changes you made through email. Please review the Summer Enrollment Confirmation Statement carefully and confirm it accurately reflects the benefits change(s) you made. Correspondence from ERS, whether by email or letter, is sent to the address(es) you have on file with ERS.
We know that navigating benefits changes can feel overwhelming, and we are here to help! Please contact the Benefits Team at Benefits@uhd.edu if you have any questions or if you would like any support in reviewing your benefits elections for Plan Year 2024. They are happy to schedule an appointment with you to ensure that you make the most appropriate elections for your situation.
We look forward to serving you soon!