Azure Dev Tools for Teaching
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a Microsoft program that supports technical education
by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching, and research purposes.
It is available to University of Houston-Downtown students and faculty. Some examples
of the software offered include Microsoft Project and Visio, Windows Server, SQL servers,
Visual Studio Professional and much more.
Azure Portal Login Use your UHD Email and Password to log in.
- Cannot verify student account?
- Unable to login?
- Unable to access a complete list of software titles?
Please follow these steps:
- While using the InPrivate or Incognito mode of your browser, go to https://signup.azure.com/studentverification?offerType=3.
- Enter your school-provided email address, and click ‘Next’.
- If you’re signing in for the first time, an Identity Verification by phone is required.
- After completing the phone verification, proceed to the "Student Verification" and choose school email address as your verification method.
- Next, click "I agree to the subscription agreement, Azure Dev Tools for Teaching agreement and privacy statement."
- Then click "Verify academic status and accept terms."
- You will be redirected to the Education Hub Store, where you will click ‘Software’ to view the complete list of software licenses.
- Select which software that you need, and in the panel that appears at right, click the “View Key" button.
If you’re still experiencing any issues or need assistance with software, please contact Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching:
- Submit Online Request
- Phone: (866) 643-9421
- Hours: 5:30am - 5:30pm PST, Monday - Friday
Several hardware and software vendors offer special discounted prices for computers and software to the University of Houston-Downtown faculty, staff and students. Below you will find links to some of those vendors' sites.
- Academic Superstore
- Apple Education Store
- Creation Engine
- Hearne Software
- HiED Tech Store
- Microsoft Education Store
- UHD Bookstore
Office 365 allows University Faculty, Staff, and Registered Students to run Office products on up to 5 personal computers or mobile devices including PC, Mac, Android, and iPhone. Our O365 page includes instructions on how to download and install Microsoft product.