This document provides information about eduroam and how to connect to the eduroam wireless network.
What is eduroam?
eduroam is a global wireless network access service for research and education. It allows faculty, staff and students to use their home institution’s wireless credentials (usernames and passwords) to access WiFi instantly and securely while visiting other eduroam participating institutions.
How can UHD faculty, staff & students connect to WiFi at a participating institution?
- Look for and select the eduroam SSID from your operating system WiFi options while at the participating institution. If you don't see eduroam SSID, that institution may not be a participating member with eduroam. You can search for participating intuitions at https://www.eduroam.us.
- The login format is firstname.lastname@example.org (for faculty & staff), and email@example.com (for students).
- The password will be your regular UHD network password.
How can UHD visitors from other educational institutions connect to UHD WiFi?
- Select the eduroam SSID from their operating system Wi-Fi options while at UHD.
- The login format is your home institution's credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The password will be your home institution’s wireless password credentials.