BackUp DLO Agent
This page provides information about Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO Agent), and it addresses frequently asked questions.
What is Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option Desktop Agent or Veritas DLO Agent?
Veritas Desktop and Laptop Option Desktop Agent (Veritas DLO Agent) is a system designed to backup data in specific folders on individual faculty and staff PCs to a secure and private storage environment accessible to the user only. This tool is provided for users to recover deleted or corrupted files.
Important: How do I know if my PC is being backed up?
First, verify that you see the "Veritas DLO Desktop Agent" icon (just like the icon in the circle below) in the System Tray in the lower right corner of your screen (next to the date/time). If it exists, double-click on that icon. If your files are backed up, the message in the Status window should say "Your files are protected".
If you do not see the icon as described above in the System Tray, or if the Status does not indicate that your files are protected, please contact the IT Service Desk and we will have someone follow up with you to make sure DLO is installed and your files are being backed up.
Veritas DLO FAQs
- Create a new folder called DO_NOT_BACKUP (case sensitive – must be capital letters) on your PC.
- Move files and/or folders you do not want backed up to the DO_NOT_BACKUP folder. The automatic backup system is configured to NOT back up the DO_NOT_BACKUP folder.
- Double-click the "Veritas DLO Desktop Agent" icon in the System Tray (lower right corner of your screen).
- Click on "Restore" option from the "Views" area on the left side of the open window.
- Expand the "Backups on this computer (your PC name)" item listed by clicking on the "+" sign.
- Navigate to the folder where the file you are trying to recover existed; example My Documents, Desktop.
- Select the file* by checking the box to the left of the file name and/or right-click on the file name and choose Restore from the drop-down menu. Accept the defaults from the windows that appear.