This document provides instructions on downloading and configuring the Palo Alto VPN client , Global Protect. A VPN client is needed to access on-campus resources, including your desktop computer, from an off-campus computer.
Download & Configure Global Protect (Palo Alto VPN Client)
Login to Faculty & Staff E-services https://global.dt.uh.edu/eservices/
Select Software Download
Under VPN Software, select Download the Palo Alto VPN client to get started.
Please note that this page is ONLY accessible from off-campus.
- Enter your current network credentials.
- Select the
version you will want to install on your computer either Windows or macOS.
- Run the installation by confirming on the next few screens by selecting the "Next" button.
- At the completion of the installation, select "Close".
Launch Global Protect
(Palo Alto VPN Client)
- Select Global Protect from the Program listing or
When you launch the application the first time you will be asked to enter a portal address.
- (Windows) select the Globe icon from the taskbar.
- (macOS) select the Globe icon from the Apple menu bar.
- Please enter the following information for the portal address:
Enter your current network credentials to connect to VPN.
After you are connected and/or ready to disconnect, go to the VPN client and select "Disconnect"