Gator Card FAQs
The Gator Card is the official University of Houston-Downtown identification card. The Gator Card is issued to provide access to facilities and services such as the university library, the computer labs, Sports & Fitness Center and to a declining balance meal program. The issuance of an active Gator Card will be based upon an individual’s primary affiliation with UHD and is only valid and active when the bearer is a registered student, staff, faculty, alumni, or university affiliate of the University of Houston-Downtown.
- Digitized Picture: Used for identification
- Student PeopleSoft ID number: Used for identification
- Magnetic Stripe (on back): Use for database connection to access services.
The initial Gator Card is free for students and employees and is $10 for alumni. A replacement card will cost $10.
Yes! You can add your Gator Card ID to your Android or Apple mobile wallet by following these steps.
- While using your phone's brower go to our Gator Card Portal and login using your full email address and password.
- Click on the three lines icon on the top left corner of your screen to display the main menu.
- Click on the Display Virtual ID button.
- Based on your mobile OS (Apple or Android) click on the Add to Apple Wallet or Gpay | Save to phone button.
- Finally, click on Add to add your GatorCard ID to your mobile wallet.
GatorCash can be used at all UHD Dining Services locations:
- UHD Food Court, Academic Building
- Starbucks, Academic Building
- Science & Technology Building
- UHD Food Trucks
Yes, the digitalized photos are stored in the Gator Card database. This allows for instant card replacement. The photo also gives the Gator Card staff an additional means of identifying persons requesting replacement cards.