TexShare Cards can be used to borrow materials from participating libraries across the state.
For Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Apply at the Circulation Desk, One Main Street, 5th Floor.
- Cards are issued to applicants in good standing with a current UHD identification card.
- Borrowing rules are set by the lender, so call ahead before visiting other libraries.
For Online and Distance Students
Apply by e-mail to
email@example.com with your name, 900-number, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, a scanned image of your UHD identification card. Your TexShare Card will be mailed to the address on file with the university.
For Texas Residents
For Texas residents who are not affiliated with one of the University of Houston System campuses, the TexShare Card provides an easy and inexpensive way to borrow materials.
- Visit your local university, college, or public library to obtain a TexShare Card.
- Call ahead to make sure the materials you need are available at UHD.
- Bring your TexShare card and a valid Texas identification card.
Please note: UHD does not honor TexShare cards issued by the Fort Worth Public Library.