The EDGE grant is available to UHD full-time staff members interested in attending seminars, workshops, training sessions, continuing education courses, etc. that are related to their jobs.
The UHD Staff Council has established a grant award for staff members as part an ongoing effort to promote staff education and self-development. Funds for the EDGE are raised by Staff Council through fundraising efforts and generous funding from the Office of the President.
One grant per month will be awarded to a UHD full-time staff member. The maximum award per workshop/seminar, etc. is limited to $500. Recipient will be chosen each month by the Staff Council Staff Affairs committee members utilizing a standard rubric. The award is non-transferable and if not used by the seminar date, must be returned to the Staff Council account.
- Applicant must be a University of Houston-Downtown full-time staff member with a least 6 months of continuous employment.
- Applicant may not apply for more than one seminar/workshop or submit more than one application per month.
- Only one award per person per six months from award date.
- Seminar date must be within six months from date of application.
- Applications will remain active until seminar date expires.
- Seminar/workshop must be approved by the applicant's immediate supervisor. Applications without a supervisor's approval will not be accepted.
- Applications must be received by the UHD Staff Council via email by the first Monday of each month.
- Applicants will receive notice of a decision by the third Monday of each month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. If I apply in April for a seminar that will take place in June, and my name is not
drawn in May, can my name be drawn again in the June meeting?
A. Yes, your application will remain active and be evaluated each month until the seminar has passed.
Q. Can I apply for a different seminar in the next month?
A. No, as long as the first application remains active, no additional applications will be accepted.
Q. Who will make payment arrangements and process the seminar registration paperwork?
A. The registration for your seminar and other related costs should be processed by your department business associate who can contact the Staff Council Treasurer for cost center information to use on the voucher or P-card report.