LastPass is a password management system being introduced to current active UHD faculty, staff, and students. LastPass is a secure password manager that remembers your online account passwords and will automatically fill in the credentials as you work. LastPass also generates strong passwords for you and helps deter phishing attacks.
LastPass is an optional tool offered to help faculty, staff, and students users to efficiently manage UHD credentials.
Why Should I Use LastPass?
There are many reasons why you should consider using LastPass.
- Store all your passwords in one place. LastPass saves all your credentials in an easy access vault.
- Remember one password. Use your UHD password to access your vault. LastPass remembers the rest!
- Instantly fill in passwords. LastPass provides convenience as it stores, fills, and creates passwords automatically.
- Generate strong passwords. LastPass can create unique strong passwords.
- Use LastPass anywhere! LastPass has real-time sync for all devices!
LastPass Enrollment and Activation
- Visit the LastPass Enrollment Portal, and login using your UHD network credentials.
- Once logged in, click the Activate LastPass Account button.
- Once you submit your request to activate your LastPass account, you will see a confirmation
screen. Please click on the Logout button to receive your activation email.
- Check your email for further instructions. It can take approximately up to an hour to receive the LastPass activation email.
- In the instructions email, click on the red Activate LastPass button.
- You will be taken to a UHD authentication portal. Please use your UHD credentials.
- A DUO prompt will appear on your screen. Use your regular method of authentication
- LastPass will work on preparing your new account.
- Now you are ready to install your browser extensions.
- A Federated login uses Single Sign On (SSO) that allows users to authenticate with their university credentials.
- For more information about Federated Login please visit the "LastPass Federated Login" page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit the LastPass for Android page for further instructions on how to install the app.
Visit the LastPass for iOS page for further instructions on how to install the app.
Click the Lock Icon and select the Generate Password button to create a secure password.
Visit the LastPass AutoFill page for a demonstration of how it works.
You may unlink your LastPass Families account at any time. Instructions on how to unlink your LastPass Families account are provided on the "Unlink LastPass Families Account" page.
Visit the LastPass Families FAQs page for further information. For further information on how to export your passwords, please click on the How do I export my passwords from LastPass FAQ section.
For further information on how to link your personal account, please click on the "How do I link my personal LastPass account" FAQ section.
NOTE: Your personal LastPass account will display under Sites in your LastPass Business vault.
Visit the "Link Your Personal LastPass Account" page for further instructions.
Visit the "Unlink Your Personal LastPass Account" page for further information. To learn more on exporting your passwords, please click on the "How do I export my passwords from LastPass" FAQ section.
If you have forgotten your UHD password you may reset your password on the UHD Account Password Reset page or contact the IT Service Desk for password assistance.
PLEASE NOTE: UHD IT administrators do not have access to your personal LastPass account therefore, they cannot reset your personal LastPass Master Password.
If a master password is forgotten, LastPass Support has no knowledge of a user's Master Password. It is not possible for LastPass Support to reset or change a user's Master Password if it is forgotten.
Visit the LastPass "Recover Your Last Master Password" page for recovery options.
Should you have any questions, please contact our IT Service Desk.