Web Programmer IV
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3910
Title: Web Programmer IV
Department: Enterprise Systems
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Web Development
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 18
Grade Min: $80,937
Grade Mid: $99,147
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Web Programmer IV designs, develops, and maintains database driven web applications, using various tools such as Oracle, People Tools, and Microsoft, providing an easy and cohesive digital interaction experience for university staff, faculty, and students.
- Implements, troubleshoots, upgrades, and maintains web applications; designs web pages using ASP.net
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains applications and database codes for interactive data driven web applications; troubleshoots and debugs pre-production web applications
- Designs, develops, configures, and maintains interfaces to back end databases
- Maintains and upgrades current and legacy applications
- Creates Peoplesoft programs and manages version control
- Responds to production issues and provides service after hours
- Implements batch jobs and scheduled tasks related to Peoplesoft projects; completes command line projects using C#, including web services
- Creates and modifies synchronization jobs in Oracle for projects along with architect database tables; organizes data with ARGOS
- Provides reporting data for web applications as required
- Researches new methods of interacting with prospective students
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree, 60 hours of college course work, or a vocational certificate in a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None required
- Bachelor's degree in IT management or Computer Science is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of web programming and database design and development, as well as the associated trends, issues, and best practices
- Knowledge of .NET applications development, server management, and ARGOS
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in PeopleCode
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to design data algorithms and storage schemes
- Ability to troubleshoot issues
- Ability to learn new systems
- Ability to covert code between BANNER and Peoplesoft
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.