Video Production Specialist II
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4119
Title: Video Production Specialist II
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Computing / Telecom
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Video Production Specialist II produces live broadcasts and supports the video production needs of faculty, staff and related University community events. This position will serve as the lead on productions in the evening, night and weekend events as needed.
- Operates the video production facility and supports university live webinars and events.
- Performs and leads AV equipment set-up and provides operational training for equipment requests.
- Records events using digital and/or basic video/audio principles.
- Films and directs on location for internal and external productions.
- Manages live meetings and productions by operating and controlling multiple cameras and remote videoconferencing sites.
- Captures and masters professional quality videos for distribution to internal and external customers and provides other critical support functions for live meetings and events.
- Produces multimedia aide for use in meetings, training sessions, and/or live broadcast events.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance checks/troubleshooting and ensures that repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Designs and creates custom graphics for use in video production, digital animation, digital presentations, and other digital communications.
- Designs and creates digital media utilizing a combination of original artwork, stock images, and off-the-shelf graphics.
- This position serves as a team lead on productions scheduled during nights and weekends as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree in Video, Film, Television, or a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- A valid driver's license
- Experience in Multimedia production and using a video editing suite is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of lighting and virtual studio setup, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices;
- Knowledge of video and multimedia production and of using a video editing suite
- Good photography skills; well-developed technical skills;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use all relevant equipment and software
- Ability to stay abreast of the latest versions of software, hardware and industry trends
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- May, on rare occasions, be exposed to elements such as adverse weather conditions, extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, and airborne particles
- Must have good hand-eye coordination, good spatial awareness, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must have the ability to move items of up to 100lbs.
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours
- May be expected to carry and respond to cell phone at all times
- May driver the university vehicle
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills with multiple hardware and software systems.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Competent to install and configure new systems.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical support to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.