Video Network and AV Specialist I
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 4148
Title: Video Network and AV Specialist I
Department: Computing, Telecom & Video Net
Essential Personnel: Y
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Computing / Telecom
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Video Network and AV Specialist I supports the video network services functions at the University which include, but are not limited to, audio and visual installations, digital signage systems, video on-demand services, and videoconferencing systems.
- Serves as an administrator of the Zoom, Media site, and Medial Video serving platforms, monitoring the services to ensure stability.
- Configures user permissions and assists with troubleshooting
- Serves as an administrator of the signage hardware and software, assisting with user permissions and troubleshooting as required; installs, configures, and repairs signage hardware as needed
- Installs TV, monitoring tablets, projectors, speakers, and cameras in new locations; replaces older or damaged equipment as necessary
- Runs cables to new equipment locations and troubleshoots equipment issues
- Troubleshoots general AV issues for users at their location, including, but not limited to, webcams, microphones, and video conferencing issues
- Assists with configuring and monitoring the university's streaming services during special events and from remote locations
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Associate's degree or 60 hours of college course work or two (2) years of technical school in related or engineering field
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of audio/visual systems, the required hardware, and installation process
- Basic knowledge of Windows servers
- Basic SQL database knowledge
- Basic web server knowledge
- Good technical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to address problems on all signage, audio/visual, and video delivery service platforms
- Ability to read instructions and apply them to a task
- Ability to create user accounts and to configure them correctly
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Work is normally performed in university offices, classrooms, and labs, but also requires some split office and video network lab environment work that can subject employees to abnormal temperatures and noise.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- May have occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
- May, on rare occasions, be required to work in a confined space or in a high dangerous place
- May, on rare occasions, be required to work near moving mechanical parts or be at risk of an electrical shock
- Must have good spatial awareness, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
- May be required to move items of up to 100lbs
- May be asked to respond to problems or provide service after hours
- May be expected to carry and respond to cell phone at all times
- Occasionally drives or operates university vehicles
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills with multiple hardware and software systems.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify and troubleshoot user issues.
- Competent to install and configure new systems.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical support to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.