Travel Card and Accounts Payable Specialist III
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5014
Title: Travel Card and Accounts Payable Specialist III
Department: Accounts Payable
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Financial Services
Job Sub-Family: Accounting, Budget & Finance
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Travel Card and Accounts Payable Specialist III oversees and assist with the University's travel card program and provides accounts payable support to the department and staff.
- Oversees travel card program and provides support, guidance and instruction in compliance with policies and procedures and ensures all payments are paid on time. Ensures compliance with UHD, UH system and State of Texas polices and procedures
- Provides a high level of customer care to all university personal and vendors answering inquires promptly and professionally. Supports, guides and instructs the travel card program
- Develops and coordinates training for all departments on travel, AP, travel card, and Concur, including applicable policies and procedures.
- Assists with compiling and reviewing reports including but not limited to Continuous Improvement plan and report (CIP/CIR) and updates accounts payable and travel website. Identifies areas in need of improvement and works with immediate supervisor on improvement plans
- Provides appropriate accounting information on all university payments; processes executive card wire payments. Troubleshoots and resolves complex travel issues including research on airfare, car rentals and lodging for university business travel
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of one (1) year of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic Accounting principles
- Excellent math and computation skills;
- Strong analytical and problem
- solving skills
- Ability to use computer software and the ability to learn new software, including the Microsoft suite, PeopleSoft and Concur
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Formulates plans and strategies to proactively resolve anticipated problems.
- Prudently responds to unforeseen problems through careful consideration and analysis of problem and relevant information and circumstances.
- Recognizes and apprises appropriate university administrator when resolution requires senior management input and/or approval.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.