Systems Integration Administrator
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3907
Title: Systems Integration Administrator
Department: Technical Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Technical Services
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Systems Integration Administrator administers system-level support of information systems, including the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and support of these systems, with a primary focus on Blackboard.
- Administers system-level support of information systems, including reviewing, analyzing, and modifying systems, and coordinating and assisting with software installations and upgrades
- Administers, manages, secures, troubleshoots, and supports the Linux Server Operating System and the VMWare vSphere, Listserv, and Azure environments
- Administers, manages, secures, troubleshoots, and supports the Load Balancer Technology, Disaster Recovery Technology, High-Performance Linux clusters, and Identity Management Solution
- Administers, manages, secures, troubleshoots, and supports the infrastructure for the application protocol used for accessing and maintaining distributed directory information services over an Internet Protocol (IP) network (LDAP)
- Performs diagnostics, resolves problems, and reports escalated problems to vendors
- Monitors the Blackboard environments, including security; makes recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions for Blackboard environments
- Works with server administrators and the Technology Learning Services leadership to plan for downtime and system configuration
- Resolves software issues that may arise in collaboration with servers administrator; maintains and updates scripts that create courses, users, and enrollments
- Provides escalated level support to other Information Technology departments
- Serves as the liaison between Information Technology's Technical Services (TS) and the Technology Learning Services (TLS) group
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Linux Server Operating System and the VMWare vSphere, Listserv, and Azure environments;
- Knowledge of Load Balancer Technology, Disaster Recovery Technology, High-Performance Linux clusters, and Identity Management Solution;
- Knowledge of all relevant trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support all relevant technologies;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment and a technology server room.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.