Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3082
Title: Program Coordinator
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Academic Administration
Job Sub-Family: Program Administration
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Program Coordinator provides operational and administrative oversight to a program in the University. The Program Coordinator administers programs to ensure that implementation and prescribed activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. The Program Coordinator coordinates functions related to recruitment, marketing, partnerships, program accreditation, strengthening relationships, event programming and in some cases fundraising.
- Collaborates with departments, community advisors, partners and stakeholders on program activities.
- Plans and manages daily office operations, including the coordination and oversight of staff/student employees.
- Prepares business documents in accordance with university and departmental standards; including, but not limited to, purchase vouchers, requisitions, travel reimbursements, personnel actions, timesheets, or cash deposits as required by department.
- Establishes and maintains program records, reports, presentations and proposals policies, procedures etc.
- Monitors/oversees the program budget to include various types of accounts/funds and coordinates contracts and various financial processes.
- Manages recruitment for program, registration processes, and coordinates information packets.
- Develops metrics and analytical data for programs activity and reviews and analyzes the data and submits reports.
- Performs other duties that are unique to specific department/program.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- May need to stay abreast of governmental and other local agencies guidelines that may impact program activities
- May be required to work outside normal business hours
- May provide support to faculty
- May interact with other departments to promote the goals and objectives of the program
- May perform web design and posts social media announcements
- May ensures program objectives such as program accreditation are carried out and maintains program by-laws
- May require travel
- May supervise student workers
Delegation of Work:
- May regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- May train and counsel subordinate(s). May provide feedback to a supervisor regarding other employees' performance, but does not make hiring and dismissal recommendations.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
- Knowledge in specific program
- Knowledge in financial and database software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and the ability to undertake complex planning
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies/procedures where specified guidelines may not exist
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.