Basic Position Information
Job Code: 3885
Title: Manager, Marketing
Department: Advancement & University Relations
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Communications & Marketing
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 15
Grade Min: $58,809
Grade Mid: $70,571
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Manager of Marketing helps to build the university's brand awareness by developing and executing marketing strategies, crafting or overseeing promotional messaging and products, and making promotional materials available to the public.
- Manages the design and production of promotional materials, signage, and graphic elements for electronic communications.
- Negotiates and liaises as necessary with third-party print, signage, and promotional product vendors.
- Works with the Marketing Director or Vice President to ensure that university's branding standards are maintained across all marketing initiatives.
- Researches and analyzes market trends and competitors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted as appropriate
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None required
- Five (5) years of job related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles and best practices of Marketing; strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills; strong project management skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, SmartSheets, and other commonly used software.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates the ability to express information clearly and concisely in writing.
- Formulates and writes information to effectively communicate messages, ideas, and/or concepts for the intended recipient or audience.
- Uses appropriate words and tone, and correct grammar.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.