IT Project Manager and Business Analyst II
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2431
Title: IT Project Manager and Business Analyst II
Department: Information Technology
Essential Personnel: N/A
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: IT Projects
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 18
Grade Min: $80,937
Grade Mid: $99,147
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The IT Project Manager & Business Analyst II manages and leads IT projects across the university, facilitating project teams through initiating, planning, executing, and controlling projects, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Manages key projects and leads project teams by developing detailed project plans and work breakdown structures, coordinating and leading project meetings, maintaining communication on project status with all stakeholders, identifying and managing risks, facilitating project progress, and managing roll-out activities
- Reviews and assesses technical project requests, including system development and application integration/implementation requests, to define requirements and estimates
- Serves as a key liaison facilitating the application development staff, application owners, and end users, in translating application development needs into development specifications
- Conducts system analysis and design activities
- Assists with the management and maintenance of the IT Project Office project portfolio, dashboards, and leadership reports
- Contributes to the development of project management business processes, policies, and procedures; assists with the development and management of project management tools, applications, and website
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of four (4) years of related job experience
- None required
- Degree in Project Management, Information Technology, or a related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of IT project workflows and project management processes.
- Good technical skills, strong multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects, project plans, project tasks, and project teams
- Ability to conduct meetings and provide status updates
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.