IT Project Manager and Business Analyst I
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2231
Title: IT Project Manager and Business Analyst I
Department: Information Technology
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: IT Projects
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The IT Project Manager & Business Analyst I leads IT related projects within the university, ensuring that the right resources are assigned, and that the projects are completed within budget and scope.
- Oversees projects, ensuring that each project reaches its end objective
- Determines the scope of projects and identifies the tasks to be completed
- Drafts detailed project plans, including timelines; shares project plans with all relevant personnel
- Communicates as necessary with stakeholders, management, and team; providing project updates and progress as required
- Coordinates the hardware and software implementation, installation, deployment, and configuration of new equipment and/or technology for faculty, staff, and computing labs
- Coordinates university technology equipment purchases including, but not limited to, computers, laptops, printers, scanners, and mobile devices for faculty, staff, and students.
- Ensures that any risks that could potentially affect a project's timeline or scope of work are identified, documented, and mitigated, if possible
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None required
- Degree in Project Management, Information Technology, or a related field is preferred
- Experience in project management is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of IT project workflows and project management processes
- Good technical skills, strong multitasking and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements.
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Customer Relations Management
- Ensures customer's needs and expectations are addressed within his/her department or section. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Mentors and guides department/section staff by sharing knowledge and best practices to appropriately respond to customer's requests.
- Monitors staff interactions with customers for professional conduct, consistent application of university policies and procedures, and follow up of outstanding requests.
- Assumes responsibility for addressing complex or unusual requests.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.