Functional Technical Support Analyst
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2103
Title: Functional Technical Support Analyst
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Technology Services
Job Sub-Family: Non-IT Technical Staff
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 14
Grade Min: $52,981
Grade Mid: $63,578
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Functional Technical Support Analyst is responsible for conceptualizing, developing, implementing, and maintains technologies to support student information systems, and provides support to the team as new developments and initiatives arise in the student information systems.
- Manages the functional aspects of a student system for recruits, applicants, and students
- Consults with users to gather information about program needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data workflow, logistical processes, hardware, and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, and internal and external checks and controls outputs
- Coordinates the scheduling, testing, and certification of upgrades and patches and other databases utilized with Intuitional Technology
- Creates tests transaction and runs the test to find errors and confirm programs meet the specifications of users. Consults with users to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs. Tests programs and monitors performance after implementation
- Serves as functional project leads for implementing other software, as required. Collaborates with various student service departments to understand the business processes and translate those needs into opportunities to promote best practices
- Develops documentation, training materials, and best practice models
- Coordinates systems training documentation and training delivery. Provides training and makes recommendations to users to achieve maximum performance from student systems
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in and office environment 6 to 8 hours
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements. Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
- Occasional lifting, pushing, climbing, and pulling may be required
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in one or more functional areas.
- Effectively applies expertise to identify user issues with existing systems and coordinate resolution with technical staff.
- Understands business processes to successfully integrate them with existing and new systems.
- Competent to coordinate requests for system modifications with technical staff.
- Willing to share expertise and provide functional assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.