Director, Web and Publications
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2104
Title: Director, Web and Publications
Department: Enrollment Management
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: Communications & Marketing
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N/A
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Individualized
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: Y
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Director of Web and Publications directs strategy and procedures for print and digital marketing materials and web initiatives including website marketing, and project management. Works closely with staff to ensure departmental websites and marketing material complement university initiatives and adheres to the university standards and brand guidelines.
- Directs web projects for 13 units within Enrollment Management and Student Business Services. Leads website communications between IT and division units. Serves as liaison between Enrollment Management and University Relations.
- Collaborates with Enrollment Communications staff to create digital and print media and websites to support university initiatives. Responsible for HB 508 disability web compliance.
- Provide feedback on the accuracy of web content and student communications. Reviews content for accuracy
- Directs strategy and implementation of Enrollment Management recruitment and retention print and digital marketing material. Serve as ex-officio on University Web Oversight Committee.
- Serveson the Student Publications Advisory Committee
- Supervises and assigns work to a Web Support Specialist.
- Manages the digital event calendar for marketing university events and student recruitment & retention events on campus. Responsible for Siteimprove quality assurance reports and maintaining Comevo orientation for student orientation. Responsible for coordination of the Academic Calendars and reviewing the website Google Analytics
- Oversees, creates, develops, and manages the digital, print, and web content for the Enrollment Plan; Student Transition Programs.
- Manages division's student's gator e-mail communications
- Serves as a liaison between Enrollment Communications and web techs across the institution to maintain CRM inquiry forms on the website. Ensures forms are functional and operational
- Designs division monthly newsletter that is distributed to the Enrollment Management Staff as well as the administration and creates templates and graphics for the piece
- Audits and evaluates best practices to keep current with emerging web technologies and recommends and implements changes
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Full-time Employees
Delegation of Work:
- Regularly assigns work to subordinate(s)
- Has primary responsibility for conducting performance evaluations and making recommendations for hiring and dismissing employees.
- Bachelor's degree in Print and Digital Media, Graphic Communications, Fine Arts, Creative Design, Web Design or a related field
- Minimum of five (5) years of related job experience
- None required
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and web design skills
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the trends, issues, and accepted practices in web development, graphic design, and in publishing marketing materials
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and html
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize efficiently
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
- Must have precise hand-eye coordination and the ability to identify and distinguish colors
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Manages project stages from proposal to completion ensuring project objectives are met within project budget and projected time frames.
- Clearly defines roles and responsibilities of project team; ascertains and secures necessary resources; and monitors project performance.
- Keeps management apprised of project status.
- Demonstrates the ability to make informed decisions in a timely manner.
- Assimilates and/or secures relevant information to assess the risks and benefits of alternatives.
- Considers impact of decision in the long and short term.
- Demonstrates the ability to express information clearly and concisely in writing.
- Formulates and writes information to effectively communicate messages, ideas, and/or concepts for the intended recipient or audience.
- Uses appropriate words and tone, and correct grammar.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge and skills in a technical area.
- Effectively applies expertise to troubleshoot existing systems and develop solutions with existing technology.
- Competent to learn new technologies and integrate them with existing technology.
- Willing to share expertise and provide technical assistance to others.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.