Coordinator, Student Records and Reporting
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2442
Title: Coordinator, Student Records and Reporting
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Student Records
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: Pre-Defined
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator of Student Records and Reporting is responsible for supporting the Registrar's Office in daily operations, management and maintenance of student records and reporting. This position is also responsible for special projects, such as implementing automated processes.
- Resolves complex service issues with respect to the release of student records. Resolves misrouted request complaints, time-sensitive requests, and other sensitive matters in cases
- Maintains the accuracy of data in the student record module of the student information system and document imaging system
- Implements academic and administrative policies and procedures in the management of accurate student records
- Reviews and maintains student information in both online systems and printed records
- Responsible for organizational detail, set-up, and troubleshooting related to scheduling, registration, grading, end of term processing, and other maintenance to the student record
- Oversees all National Student Clearinghouse processes; degree verifications and student enrollment verification
- Manages file retention process and document imaging and organization of student records
- Assists in developing and implementing comprehensive student data file review procedures
- Maintains confidentiality of student records, adheres to the requirements of the Buckley Amendment, FERPA as it applies to student records
- Compiles, edits, and disseminates complex reports
- Manipulates student information system to generate reports
- Assists staff and students with questions regarding online registration and technology issues in regards to schedule changes, course withdrawals, faculty grading, administrative drop, etc.
- Responds to student, staff and faculty inquiries and directs and refer students to appropriate academic support areas
- Serves as liaison to coordinate activities with internal and external contents
- Oversees student workers scheduling and tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements. Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.