Coordinator, Graduate Services
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5060
Title: Coordinator, Graduate Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Enrollment Management
Job Sub-Family: Admissions
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 13
Grade Min: $47,731
Grade Mid: $57,277
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Graduate Services serves as first point of contact for graduate students and provides information regarding various programs options within a college. Provides student support by moving them through the various stages of the graduate admissions process.
- Develops and generates student leads for master's programs through various venues; face to face, phone, on-line and on and off campus events, as well as providing counseling on program benefits.
- Plans, coordinates and conducts on and off campus recruitment programs for prospective students in consultation and collaboration with graduate program directors
- Participates in the admission and application process by conducting preliminary interviews, processing applications with supporting materials monitoring progress.
- Coordinates and/or assists in creating internal and external communications to new student leads, prospective students and admitted students; and resolves any problems as needed.
- Builds rapport and maintains communication with prospective students regarding degree programs.
- Maintains activity on prospective student contacts and application progress.
- Represents the programs through various presentations and attended activities such as college fairs and community meetings.
- Interprets the university, college, and program graduate admissions policies and procedures
- Reviews, evaluates and/or codes applications for required documents for admissions process
- Works together with the Graduate Program Directors and Curriculum Committees to maintain academic integrity, quality, and viability of graduate programs.
- Assists program directors with Campus Solutions and Hobsons Radius
- Liaises with the Office of Graduate and International Admissions and Graduate Program Directors on matters of recruitment, and graduate admissions
- Administers and maintains the integrity of the student information system as it relates to potential and enrolled students
- Meets established response time goals to matriculate prospective students to the enrollment stage
- Acts as the main point of contact for all prospective and current graduate students
- Advise, counsel and assist graduate students in registration and graduation application process
- Monitor and track student progress (create and update degree plans)
- Works to enhance graduate student retention
- Audits graduation applications and degree
- Provides support to staff members
- May require regional travel
- Performs other duties as assigned
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of job-related experience
- None Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems/software's such as Microsoft Office including thorough understanding of CRM system
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment at least 8 hours.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements. Position is physically comfortable; individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
- Demonstrates the ability to advise and assist university students and/or prospective students with academic plans and course selection, financial options, career plans, and/or student opportunities.
- Shares relevant knowledge and insight to apprise students of the university's programs and services.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Listens and responds to student requests and concerns with patience and understanding.
- Treats students with respect.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.