Coordinator, Administrative Services
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 5071
Title: Coordinator, Administrative Services
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: Administrative Support
Job Sub-Family: Business Administration
FLSA Classification: NE
Job Grade: 12
Grade Min: $43,001
Grade Mid: $51,601
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: N
The Coordinator, Administrative Services coordinates, organizes, and oversees administrative functions and workflows.
- Coordinates office workflows and tasks.
- Serves as the point of contact for the office, and as a liaison between administration, departments, faculty, staff, students, and external constituents.
- Organizes meetings, conferences, and interviews, including coordinating speakers, catering, and media services, and tracking attendees, coordinates the dissemination of agendas and other required materials for such events
- Manages confidential or sensitive information in an appropriate and timely manner
- Screens guests, telephone calls, and mail for others as required
- Collaborates with other personnel and other departments as necessary
- Prepares, proofreads, and formats correspondence, reports, memorandums, forms, and other documents as required, ensuring accuracy and compliance with policies and deadlines
- Prepares and processes financial documents for departmental purchases; coordinates and processes travel for administrators and may assist with cost center verifications.
- Coordinates the event planning and logistics for events sponsored by the department or college, including, but not limited to, student award ceremonies, leadership conferences, meetings, and webinars
- Prepares and maintains yearly contracts.
- Functions as property custodian with the IT department for technology and equipment-related matters.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Performs tasks related to specific department/college
Delegation of Work:
- Minimum of 60 hours of completed college course work
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- None required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of a variety of administrative tasks and procedures, and the related trends, issues, and accepted practices
- Good technical skills, including proficiency in MS Office;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and be highly motivated and a self
- Ability to prioritize and initiate tasks and projects;
- Ability to censor information;
- Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse university community
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment
- Work is performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements;
- Individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing, etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Computer/Automated System Proficiency
- Proficient in the use of university applications or automated systems to perform job duties.
- Complies with related policies, procedures, and work rules to maintain system security and data integrity.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.