Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Basic Position Information
Job Code: 2273
Title: Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Department: Advancement & University Relations
Essential Personnel: N
Job Family: External Relations
Job Sub-Family: University Advancement
FLSA Classification: E
Job Grade: 17
Grade Min: $72,265
Grade Mid: $88,524
UHD Succession Plan: N
Criticality of Position: N/A
Career Ladder: In-Range
Campus Security Authority: Y
Screening Committee: N
Motor Vehicle Record Check: Y
The Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations identifies, cultivates, and solicits prospective corporate and foundation partners, and maintains and expands relationships with existing partners.
- Serves as key liaison and relationship manager for external entities that have the potential to provide financial and in kind support for community engagement initiatives.
- Aids in the development of a strategic plan for maintaining and building corporate and foundation relationships.
- Assists specific units with fundraising projects and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages a portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects.
- Participates in the presentation of letters of inquiry, proposals, pre-proposals, stewardship reports, and other relevant communications.
- Participates in other development initiatives as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Delegation of Work:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of three (3) years of related job experience
- Must maintain a valid, current driver's license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of campus programs, projects, and activities; knowledge of the mechanisms by which corporations and foundations can partner with educational institutions.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and partnerships, and to communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community; ability to balance the motivation of donors with the needs of the university; ability to prioritize and manage workflow.
Work Location and Physical Demands
Primary Work Location:
- Works in an office environment.
- Work is performed in a typical, comfortable interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any unpleasant elements; individual has discretion in relation to walking, standing etc., and has minimal exposure to physical risks.
Position Specific Competencies
Commitment to Excellence - UHD
- Demonstrates a commitment to competently perform his/her job duties and responsibilities within established time frames.
- Continuously strives to improve work performance.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her commitments to the university.
- Contributes to the success of the university by consistently providing quality results in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
Respect and Cooperation
- Treats others with courtesy, respect, and dignity in the workplace.
- Promotes cooperation through open and honest communications and consideration of others ideas, thoughts, and opinions.
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of conduct in the performance of his/her job duties and responsibilities.
- Accepts responsibility for his/her actions.
- Respects and complies with department and university policies, procedures, and work rules.
- Possesses required job skills and knowledge.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply those skills and knowledge to competently perform his/her job duties and assignments.
- Takes responsibility to accomplish job assignments within reasonable deadlines.
- Willing to accept new projects and/or commitments.
- Does due diligence to complete projects within specified timeframes and/or fulfill commitments.
- Arrives to work on time prepared and ready to contribute.
- Willingly adjusts to changing work assignments or conditions.
- Open to changes in operational procedures, technology, and/or organizational structure.
- Views changes as opportunities for learning and professional development.
- Displays a positive attitude to encourage others.
- Promptly responds to changes in work priorities and/or unexpected circumstances or situations.
Building External Relationships
- Demonstrates the ability to build rapport and develop relationships with external constituents.
- Displays a genuine interest in constituents' ideas and concerns, and pursues mutual interests and aspirations between the university and external constituents.
- Builds trust and forms alliances through shared respect and cooperation.
Focus on Customer Service
- Focuses on customer's needs and expectations. (Customers can be students, external constituents, employees, or university guests.)
- Respectfully ascertains customer's needs and determines appropriate response.
- Promptly responds by providing requested information, takes appropriate action, or refers customer to appropriate individual or department.
- If further actions need to be taken, advises customers of realistic timeframes for a response to their request.
- Follows up with customers on outstanding requests in a timely manner.
- Tactfully explains to customers why their needs and/or expectations cannot be met if the university does not provide the requested information or services.
Student Success Indirect Support
- Contributes to student success by assisting students with anything that supports their student experience, whether directly or indirectly.
- Helps students navigate their way through the different offices, programs, and services at the university and/or connects students with the appropriate party(ies).
- Connects students with services or resources that can help them with career exploration, goal selection, and ongoing academic assistance.
- Helps students build peer support networks.
- Encourages student participation in out-of-class activities.
- Provides encouragement and guidance to foster student success.
- Treats students with respect
- Maintains the learning environment to ensure quality and/or sound pedagogy.
This job description may not encompass all duties and responsibilities associated with the position.