Freshman Orientation Frequently Asked Questions
- What will take place during Freshman Orientation?
Freshman Orientation is a mandatory two-day experience for incoming students where you'll begin your transition to UHD and become acclimated to campus. During orientation, you will meet with an advisor, register for classes, learn about campus life, meet other Gators, and connect with the UHD community.
- Why is Freshman Orientation required?
All new students are required to attend Freshman Orientation. Freshman Orientation consists of a two-day program that will help you begin your transition to UHD and become acclimated to campus. You are required to attend both days if you plan to enroll as a full-time student.
- Is there a cost for Freshman Orientation?
Yes, the cost to attend Freshman Orientation is $125 which assists with the operational costs of executing the program. This fee is added to your tuition and fee bill upon your class registration. You do not need to make a payment prior to attending the session. We do not offer a fee waiver for orientation programs
- How do I register for Freshman Orientation?
Follow the steps below to sign up for a session:
- What do I need to do prior to attending Freshman?
You can view a complete list of your next steps online at uhd.edu/gatorway. Select “Freshman” in the left column. You will need to satisfy the bacterial meningitis and TSI requirements to register for classes.
1. Get Connected with UHD
2. Explore Scholarships and Financial Aid. UHD’s school code is 003612
3. Satisfy Your Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Status
4. Resolve any outstanding holds (such as bacterial meningitis, etc.). To check your status, please visit myUHD.
- Can guests participate during the Orientation programs?
Parents and guardians are welcome to attend the second day of the Freshman Orientation program.
- What if I need special accommodations?
Accommodations are available for students. Please use the Questions and Accommodations section of the Freshman Orientation registration form or contact us at email@example.com.
- Will meals be provided at Freshman Orientation?
Yes, lunch will be provided on both days of the orientation experience. If you have any dietary needs, please be sure to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where do I park for Freshman Orientation?
We will provide parking instructions prior to your Freshman Orientation date. Please continue to monitor your email for more details.
- How do I reschedule my Freshman Orientation date if I am no longer able to attend?
Please contact us by email at email@example.com to reschedule your date. Please be sure to include your full name and Student ID number (7-digit).