A Guide for Students Interested in Applying to UHD
Admissions site and meet the requirements for admissions as either a freshman or transfer student.
After you are accepted at UHD, declare a major.
UHD students are able to declare their majors once they are accepted to the university. This document walks through the process of declaring Health & Behavioral Science as your major.
What is a major? A major is an area of study that is intended to provide students with specialized knowledge in a field.
Why declare a major? There are a number of benefits to declaring a major early in your college career including increasing your chances of succeeding and graduating from UHD connecting with faculty and students who share your interests, preparing for your career in a particular field, and getting important information needed for academic success.
Which major is right for me? You should select a major that will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and competencies that prepare you for professional work in a particular field. If you don’t know what field you want to work in, then take a quick, free assessment in our Career Development Center in S402.
Why do I need to apply to my major? Some majors require a certain number of hours of study completed prior to major declaration, and some majors require that students have a certain GPA before major declaration. Health & Behavioral Science requires that you are in “good standing” and a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
How will I know that I have been accepted into the Health & Behavioral Science degree program? You will receive an email sent to your UHD Gator Mail account confirming your acceptance. You will need to attend a New Major Orientation; information about the orientation will be sent to your UHD Gator Mail account.
Declaring Health and Behavioral Science as a Major
- Click the "myUHD" link located in the top margin of the UHD homepage
- Click on the blue "Student E-Services" box
- In the center column of the blue Student E-Services box, click the "My Advising & Major" link. This will open a drop-down menu with three bullets
- Click the "Apply for a Major" link
- Click "Continue to the login"
- Enter your Username and Password in the textboxes provided. Your username and password are the same as those used to access UHD Gator Mail.
- Under the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Bachelor of Science, select, "Health & Behavioral Science"
- Click "Submit"