Homecoming Pep Rally
Homecoming Mum Mania
Homecoming Pep Rally with Mom & Baby Gator
Homecoming: UHD Police grilling burgers at Pep Rally
Homecoming Tail-Gatoring: Club Sports Team
Homecoming Pep Rally
Homecoming: Club Sports at Pep Rally
Homecoming: Alumni Volleyball Club Team
Tail-Gatoring Competition Rules
UHD Tail-Gatoring Competition Rules
1. A team must be UHD affiliated (UHD student, employee, organization, department, alumni) to enter the Best Tail-Gator Competition.
2. Prizes for the winning team in Best Appetizer, Best Entrée, Best Dessert, Best Tail-Gator for a student clubs/organization and Best Tail-Gator for a non-student clubs/organization is a $100.00 gift card for each category.
3. A team wishing to enter the Tail-Gator Competition must first register for a Tail-Gatoring space online by October 12, 5pm. Visit the Tail-Gatoring Registration page at www.uhd.edu/homecoming.
4. Tail-Gatoring spots are being reserved on a first paid, first served basis. A limited numbers of spots are available.
5. After submitting the Tail-Gatoring space registration online, a team must complete the Tail-Gator Competition registration form online and submit it.
6. A team must come to the UHD Student Life Center 3rd Floor counter to complete registration and: pay for your Tail-Gatoring competition; $5 for each competition entered.
7. A team must indicate participation in Best Tail-Gator, Best Appetizer, Entrée and Dessert at the time of the online registration.
8. There is a maximum of 6 members per team, not including guests.
9. A team may access its assigned Tail-Gatoring space beginning at October 15, 7am.
10. Teams must supply all the necessities to produce food (cooking equipment, utensils, ingredients, etc.). NO tables, chairs, power, or tents will be provided by UHD. Teams must bring their own items, including own trash bags.
11. Teams are responsible for the setup and cleanup of tailgating area.
12. Each team can be as creative as they want. Example: decorate your space, have a team theme, wear team T-shirts.
13. The Best Tail-Gator Competition food item may NOT be professionally prepared, catered or delivered. All food including the desserts must be prepared and cooked onsite.
14. A team may submit any entrée, dessert, and/or appetizer. Only one entry per category may be entered.
15. Any ingredients for your food or dessert can be pre-packaged (ex. chopped items like tomatoes, onions and peppers can be pre-chopped at home).
16. A team must thoroughly cook all meats, and properly store food at appropriate temperatures to prevent food borne illnesses.
17. A team must provide enough food samples for the panel of judge of five (5) judges.
18. No food samples will be accepted in any other food container than the one provided to the team upon check-in.
19. Open flames are allowed but all barbecue pits left unattended must be extinguished.
At least five judges will determine the winning Best Tail-Gator entries of Best Appetizer, Best Entrée, and Best Dessert. The judges will also determine the "Best Tail-Gator".
· Judging for Best Tail-Gator will take place at approximately 12:30pm and winner will be announced at 2:30pm.
· Food samples must be submitted to the food-judging tent by 1pm - NO LATE SAMPLES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· Food Judging will take place at approximately 1:30pm and winners will be announced at 2:30pm.
Best Tail-Gator: (Categories: Booth Attendance, Decoration, Hospitality and Originality)
Best Appetizer (Categories: Aroma, Taste, Texture, Originality and Presentation)
Best Entrée (Categories: Aroma, Taste, Texture, Originality and Presentation)
Best Dessert (Categories: Aroma, Taste, Texture, Originality and Presentation)