Eligibility Requirements for the UHD Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program
To apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be a graduate of a Designated Texas Early College High School in good academic standing
- Have a minimum of 30 college credit hours earned with a C or better
- Be classified as a Texas resident for tuition purposes
- Apply and be accepted to the University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
- Plan to earn a baccalaureate degree from University of Houston-Downtown (UHD)
- Apply for federal, state, and institutional financial aid (grants/scholarships) through FAFSA or TASFA
Checklist for Required Application Packet
- Application Form submitted online (Personal / Academic Information)
- Personal Statement (as described in the online Application Form)
- Proof of FAFSA or TASFA submission
- Proof of Apply Texas application or UHD Acceptance Letter
All of the materials listed are required for a complete registration packet. Incomplete applications will not be considered; late applications will be reviewed if program openings remain available. UHD GTF Scholars are chosen based on a holistic review of the candidate's application submissions, financial aid package, and will include a personal interview with the UHD's GTF Scholars Committee. Recipients will be notified by email.
Applications for the GTF Scholars Program for the Fall 2023 - Spring 2024 academic year are currently being accepted and timely submissions are encouraged, but will be considered accordingly as long as program vacancies permit.
In order to be considered for eligibility, applicants must be current seniors enrolled in a Designated Texas Early College High School who will graduate in Spring 2022.
For students graduating from Early College High Schools in Spring 2023 and starting at UHD in the Fall 2023 semester, registration will be posted on this webpage at the start of the Spring 2023 semester.
The application for Fall 2023 is scheduled to be available on this Greater Texas Foundation (GTF) webpage in January 2023 when the university reopens for the spring semester. Please check back regularly for any updates.
Each year there are 40 vacancies. The selection of GTF scholars is not guaranteed
by the date of submission, but rather by the eligibility of the candidates applying.
Usually, applicants begin to get notification of their acceptance sometime in March
after applications and supporting documents have been reviewed and telephone interviews
have been conducted. The priority deadline is typically the first of April through
the process often extends through April and May before all 40 openings are filled
depending, of course, on the volume of submissions and the suitability of applicants.
- Complete 30 hours of college work each academic calendar year (Fall through Summer)
- Maintain good academic standing
- Continue full-time progression through fall-spring or fall-spring-summer semesters
- Meet all semester requirements for attendance, participation, and completion of program assignments
- Comply with the advice of the Program Coordinator
For questions or for additional information, please contact:
UHD Greater Texas Foundation Scholars Program
Gator Success Center
One Main Street, N320